GUIDELINES/CAUTIONS FOR YOGA CLASSES
- Inform teacher of any health concerns, which you may be experiencing: physical injuries/limitations
high/low blood pressure, dizziness, allergies, insomnia, diabetes, respiratory, headaches, depression, anxiety/panic, muscle and/or
joint soreness, indigestion, recent illness/surgery, pre/post natal, chronic conditions.
- Pregnant women should not practice twists
or any poses that constrict the abdomen. Inform the teacher immediately, as soon as pregnancy has been confirmed.
- Remember to stop
and rest, as you need, during the practice.
- Wait at least 2 hours after eating before beginning class. If you need to eat, snack
- Classes are scent free**Please refrain from wearing perfumes or colognes to class.**
- It is recommended that students with
high blood pressure, heart problems, detached retina or ear problems DO NOT practice inverted poses in advanced classes.
- Please turn
off all electronic devices including cell phones before coming to class.
- Please do not chew gum in class – it tenses the jaw and
mouth and interferes with breath practices.
- Please bring your own yoga sticky mat with you to class. If you have a bolster please
bring that as well.
- Arrive punctually at class 5 – 10 minutes before scheduled start time.
- When you arrive, please enter and sit
quietly using this time to prepare mentally for class.
- All missed classes or flex passes must be made up/used in the session of registration.
- Listen to your own body, if something does not feel right advise the teacher immediately.